Tuesday, December 11, 2012

supper snaps: real food meal inspiration






"supper snaps: real food meal inspiration in a few snaps"

I thought I would start a new little series. Snaps of our suppers. I will still continue the real food series however hopefully this will mean I can share a little more food love with you more often.
........................

A lovely fillet of wild snapper, cooked in a little butter, water and slices of lemon with a lid on over a gentle heat. Once cooked, sprinkle with chopped dill, some capers, more butter slices of lemon. 

Serve with some sautéed mushrooms (in garlic and butter), potatoes (I had some parboiled in the fridge), lemon peel, some parmigiano reggiano (or a rind), lots of butter and sea salt, a dollop or two of cream to finish and some steamed asparagus thrown in at the end. 

enjoy 
xx

12 comments:

  1. Yum! Always in need of some ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks gorgeous! I know what we're having for dinner tomorrow night!! Thanks for sharing and hope your Wednesday is a lovely one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! even the mushrooms/potatoes/lemon peel side sounds like a lovely base of a meal - I'm so glad you've decided to start taking pictures of your dinners, I'll appreciate the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that looks amazing! think i might give that a try for dinner this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't looked at your blog be4. You are one talented lady with beautiful children. Your photos are sensational...and so is your 'taste'. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Sandy, so sweet of you to say. Thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  6. Oh, that really looks so yummy Natalie. I wonder if I can come over for dinner sometime?
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! You always give me lots of good ideas :)
    We like our fish with lots of butter too.

    xx

    PS. Your food photography is really amazing :) Whenever I try take a photo of food...it looks kind of dead looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you made me laugh! Thanks so much for the compliment - not sure how I make it look alive but could have something to do with my favourite lens!! ;)

      x

      Delete
  8. Right there is one of our favourite ways to cook fish. Graeme loves a little caper butter. And you've just reminded me to tend to the self-sown dill I came across yesterday! A dill plant in an old unused pot that was a little neglected... Lovely little surprises... Beautiful pics Natalie. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lucky you. I have dill sitting on the sill in water....I hoping it will grow roots. Is that even possible? You need to give me some of your green fingers (or can you only say thumbs!)....the top of it has sprouted but the roots aren't so much.

      Thank you. Love photographing food at the moment. eating it is better though. x

      Delete

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I love hearing from you and will respond to any questions in the comments sections. Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...